We currently have opportunities for a Structural Engineer. The key responsibilities of the roles are outlined below and will develop over time enhancing prospects for natural progression within the company.
If this sounds like an opportunity that would suit you, we would love to hear from you!
Please send your CV & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why join us?
Established in 1995, Structural Solutions has a long track record of beautiful and elegantly engineered buildings. In 2017, we converted an old dairy building to create a vibrant and spacious open-plan office environment. We are a medium size company of friendly and enthusiastic consulting engineers based in Bristol. Our experience and commitment to providing a high quality service have meant that more than 90% of our projects are with long established clients and contacts.
- Company events
- Company pension
- Private medical insurance
- Competitive Salary D.O.E
- Experience: 4-7 Years’ Post Grad Experience
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent Position. Monday to Friday.
To hit the ground running as a Structural Engineer, taking ownership for your designs from start to finish. Good communication skills will be essential to establish relationships with the design team and clients. You will need to enjoy working in a busy environment as part of a team or with minimal supervision to meet multiple deadlines on time and within budget.
Our ideal candidate will have experience working on small jobs with contract values ranging from £50,000 to £5,000,000. They will be confident in working with the main structural materials i.e. concrete, steel, masonry and timber, numerically literate and analytical and have an attention for detail while taking professional pride in the quality and delivery of their work. Time management and organisational skills are vital.
- Produce structural scheme design for a wide variety of projects.
- Carry out design and analysis of structural elements and frames in main structural materials to current Eurocodes or British Standards, for residential and commercial structures.
- Produce or oversee clearly presented calculation reports for submission to Building Control for approval;
- Produce or oversee the production of general arrangements, details and section drawings using AutoCAD;
- Produce hand drawn schemes, typical details & sections;
- Have a pragmatic approach to producing engineering solutions considering site constraints, the clients/architects brief, buildability, sustainability and using engineering judgement and experience.
- Degree qualified in Civil or Structural Engineering, Chartered Engineer with MIstructE or MICE or working towards achieving Chartered status;
- Extensive knowledge of the Eurocodes and knowledge of the equivalent BS codes for the main structural materials
- Understanding of the CDM Regulations;
- Competent in technical software such as TEDDS/Robot, AutoCAD/Revit and Bluebeam as well as Microsoft Office suite.
- Be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and competently with minimal supervision;
- Liaise with architects, clients, statutory authorities, design teams and contractors regularly and effectively.
- Deal with day-to-day queries from site promptly and represent us at design and site meetings.
- Efficiently manage projects and client expectations;