We are currently looking for Engineers who share our passion for Engineering. If this sounds like an opportunity that would suit you, we would love to hear from you!
About the Role
- Detailed design and analysis of structural elements and frames in concrete, steel, timber and masonry for mostly residential and commercial structures
- Liaising with architects, statutory authorities, the design team and contractors
- Involvement with site surveys and inspection work.
- Working together with others to meet deadlines
- This is a full-time permanent position.
Our ideal candidate will have relevant basic skills and knowledge, with a minimum of degree level or equivalent vocational qualification in Structural Engineering, and be able to:
- Understand and create structural plans and details from architectural plans using AutoCAD
- Carry out detailed design and analysis of structural elements and frames in concrete, steel, timber and masonry to current Eurocodes and relevant design guidance notes
- Communicate fluently in both spoken and written English
- Think creatively and logically to resolve design challenges
- Manage your own time and work load
Other desirable but non-essential experience would include:
- Experience using Tedds and/or Staad
- Timber design knowledge
- Underground drainage design knowledge
- Reinforcement detailing & scheduling
- A clean driving licence and use of a car
- Graduate Membership of the ICE or IstructE
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays, increasing to 25 days in the first two years
- Private health insurance after 3 months
- Pension contributions
- Support in obtaining Chartership
- Regular social and team building activities
- Excellent open-plan working environment
- Unlimited tea, coffee, fruit and nuts provided
Please send your CV & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.